League of Women Voters of Monroe 2019
Candidate Questionnaire responses
Monroe Township Mayor
The Monroe Twp. Mayor is elected to a 4 year term and is responsible for the following:
- Enforce the Charter and ordinances of the municipality.
- Supervision of all of the departments of municipal government.
- Appointment of officers and employees with the advice and consent of the Council.
- Make recommendations for action by the Council.
- Report annually to the Council and the public of the work of the previous year and the conditions and requirements of the municipal government for the current year.
Monroe Township Council At-large* (Choose 2)
The Monroe Township Council is:
- responsible for adopting ordinances
- reviewing revising and adopting the budget
- levying taxes
- authorizing bond issues
- establishing general municipal policies
Each Council member serves for a 4 year term.
*Readers please note: Council At-large candidate Peter F. LoPresti did not respond to the League’s questionnaire