Laurence Duque

Laurence Duque

SOUTH BRUNSWICK – A township man was sentenced Jan. 4 to six years in prison after he had pleaded guilty to distributing child pornography, according to a statement from the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office this week.

South Brunswick Dayton section resident Laurence Duque, 43, will be required to register as a sex offender and subject to parole supervision for life.

Duque was arrested in June 2018 in Penobscot, Maine, by the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force. He was classified a fugitive in September 2017 after authorities executed a search warrant of his home on Aug. 22, 2017 as part of “Operation Safety Net.” Through the operation, detectives monitored a peer-to-peer network where they found many child pornography files on a shared folder at an IP address that was traced to Duque.

Authorities ultimately found more than 4,000 suspected child pornography files on Duque’s computer devices.

 “Online collectors and distributers of child pornography like Duque generate demand for these abhorrent materials and thereby contribute directly to the cruel sexual abuse of children,” said Attorney General Gurbir Grewal. “We will continue to work tirelessly to protect children by investigating and prosecuting these offenders.”

Duque was one of 79 arrested in “Operation Safety Net,” a nine-month multi-agency operation in 2017 lead by the New Jersey Regional ICAC Task Force.

Ten alleged child predators were arrested, including eight New Jersey men, as well as men in California and Indiana who allegedly tried to have children transported interstate from New Jersey for them to sexually assault.

“We will continue to work with the ICAC Task Force and all of our law enforcement partners to patrol the internet and apprehend these criminals who participate in the sexual exploitation of children,” said Director Veronica Allende of the Division of Criminal Justice. “Our child protection efforts are greatly enhanced by the collaborative relationships we have established across all levels of law enforcement.”

Duque pleaded guilty on Oct. 26 to second-degree distribution of child pornography.

Grewal and Allende urged anyone with information about the distribution of child pornography on the internet – or about suspected improper contact by unknown persons communicating with children via the internet or possible exploitation or sexual abuse of children – to contact the New Jersey Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Tipline at 888-648-6007.

Email: Lang@MonroeNow.com. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter

0
0
0
0
0

Correspondent

Christopher Lang is a freelance correspondent for MonroeNow. Previously he was part of The Record-USA Today Network and served as an editor for a decade at NJMG.

Connect with MonroeNow

Sign up to get news alerts and local happenings in your inbox. And follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more content.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.